Introduction to Git Workshop
We will be hosting a introduction to Git workshop that will Will cover basic git and styles of workflow!
This workshop requires some experience with the Linux terminal AND have git installed in your machine either via command line or git bash.
This SCE lab will be run by RJ Javier. RJ is a graduating senior at SJSU in Computer Engineering for his Bachelor’s.
Will cover basic git conventions such as:
-Pulling and Pushing
-Using the Stash
-Checking out commits
-Merging, Reverting, Rebasing, and a couple of different workflow styles
Date: Friday, April 20th
Time: 3 – 4 PM
Rm: ENGR 292
About the Facilitator:
Joseph Abero is a third-year CMPE major with an interest in robotic as well as being an avid ‘Yo-Yoer” for 5 years. He is not a professional yo-yoer, but does it as a unique hobby that can be enjoyed by all. He is a proud warrior and has never backed down from a battle as demonstrated by his perseverance in CMPE127. It is this iron will that allows him to thrive in a place where others perish. If anyone knows how to spin steel and yarn into art, it is Abero the Hero.
No previous yo-yoing experience is required. The topics covered include:
1. An explanation of how different yo-yos allow different tricks
2. How to wrap the string around the yo-yo (further explanation will be provided in the workshop)
3. How to bind forward (bring the yo-yo back)
4. How to bind sideways
5. If time permits, other basic tricks like “Man on Trapeze” and “Double or Nothing”
6. Most importantly, he will teach how to have fun using a cool skill toy.
*You may also bring your own yo-yo *
Time and Location:
Date: Friday, April 27
Room: ENGR 292
Time: 3:00pm – 5:00pm
Sign-up Link: https://goo.gl/forms/OFwosyNdixhXNIab2
CMPE 124 or equivalent courses
A beard (doesn’t need to be yours)