Looking for Data Center Network Engineers for Collabera
DCOps Engineer Job Description
The Technical Operations (DCOps) Engineer is a member of the DataCenter and Lab Operations team that provide service and support to VMware’s R&D Engineering department. The team is responsible for deploying, configuring and managing the R&D equipment within the local labs and data centers. The DCOps Engineer will possess extensive technical knowledge, organizational and excellent communication skills to ensure projects and tasks are completed on time and meetings customer expectations. We’re looking for an organized, detail oriented, and results-driven individual who enjoys working in a fast paced environment.
• Respond and manage to customer requests through the Service Now ticketing system.
• Facilitate the deployment and configuration of R&D and IT equipment.
• Support and maintain R&D test environments.
• Provide accurate entries or updates to the DCIM web tool.
• Participate in the development and documentation of best practices.
• rack and communicate progress of assignments and projects using web-based tools.
• Minimum 4-year degree in Engineering or Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience.
• Intermediate Linux experience.
• Intermediate Windows experience.
• Good working knowledge of network principles and tools (ping, traceroute, etc.)
• Strong working knowledge of server hardware (rack and blade form factors).
• Capable of working on multiple projects concurrently.
• Ability to work both independently with little supervision as well as in a team environment.
• Possess good troubleshooting and diagnostic skills. – Excellent verbal and communication skills.
• Intermediate experience with DNS, vlans, network segmentation, etc.
It’s a minimum 6 month contract. If any recent graduate are interested email firstname.lastname@example.org